What: A funky little lake
Where: 20 km north from Ljusdal (map)
When: May-October, even winter
Why: It’s one of the best (the best?) locations around Ljusdal
What makes this lake better than any other lake:
- The geology of the lake. The way the water level rises and falls is fascinating and if you’re there during low water, the bowl is a wonder to see.
- The colour of the lake, it really is green.
- The nature around the lake, lovely pine forest
- The nature in the whole area, Hornberget and Gladbäcken
- Rare pale pasque flowers in early May
Why not: The lake is surrounded by tall forest and located in a bowl, so the light can be tricky sometimes and evening light in particular is difficult. I’ve found that afternoons work best but it’s a matter of taste. But it’s still a lovely place and nice for picnics and small walks around the lake and forest.
My previous visits: Gröntjärn
Back to Location reports